- Meets SAE J1772 2012 standards.
- Protective cover, nice shape, and easy access open/close button.
- Designed for safety to prevent users from personal injury.
- Protection Class: IP54 (in mated conditions)
- What that means: Limited protection from dust ingress (no harmful deposit) and Protected from water splash in any direction.
- Made out of reliable materials, nonflammable, environmentally protected, abrasion resistance, impact resistance, oil resistance, and anti-UV.
- Operating temperature: -30°C ~ +50°C
- Rated current: 16Amp, 32Amp, 50Amp
- Operating voltage: 120 ~ 240V AC
- Insulation resistance: >1,000mO (DC500V)
- Terminal temperature rise: <50K
- Withstand voltage: 2,000V
- Contact impedance: 0.5 mO Max
- Vibration resistance: Meets JDQ 53.3 requirements
- Mechanical life: no-load plug in/pull out >10,000 times
- Insertion and extraction force: 45N <F<80N
- Shell material: Thermoplastic (insulator flammability UL94 V0)
- Contact pin: Copper alloy, silver plating
- Sealing gasket: Rubber/Rubber silicon
- Switch hook: Zinc alloy
View Wiring Diagram
AVC1 came together a few years ago. It improves the J1772 pilot communications and power control.
It’s intended for conversion vehicles to improve the safety and compatibility with public J1772 charging stations.
Units like our adapters take advantage of the differing pin lengths to insure ground mates first and breaks last. The pin lengths also insure the power pins are mated before the pilot and the pilot ends before the power pins separate.
This module monitors the latch switch in the J1772 system and removes the pilot signal when your thumb is on the connector latch further insuring power is off long before the connector separates.
The J1772 connectors are not designed to ever mate or separate with power on.
There are 8 connections and the module is powered by the vehicles 12 volt system, current draw is always under 20ma.
Relay NO - Normally Open
Relay C - Common
Relay NC - Normally Closed
+12 power from the vehicle
CH chassis ground (and AC power ground)
GND green wire from J1772 Inlet Connector
PROX prox wire from J1772 Inlet Connector
PILOT pilot wire from J1772 Inlet Connector
The SPDT relay has a set of contacts for your use.
Soft start or stop of charging or inhibiting motion would be typical uses
A LED shows when the circuit is latched.
The new version is AVC2.
It’s the same unit packaged in a box with mounting ears and better terminal marking.
The AVC2.r is for vehicle inlets that do not have the 2.74 K resistor between ground and the PROX pin. The resistor is built into the module and this would be used with our aluminum connectors.
* SHIPPING/PAYMENT OPTIONS *
There are 2 ways to get an exact quote for the base shipping for
your 15A-16A J1772 custom built socket inlet order.
us at (801) 566-5678 9am-5pm Monday-Friday or email [email protected] or go
through our Contact Us page
2. Place your order by clicking in the shopping pallet “Proceed
a. Enter your information so we can get you a shipping quote
b. Select the “Shipping Method” of preference
c. Confirm the “Choose one payment method” has “Shipping Quote
d. Click the “Check Out” button
e. You’ll receive a confirmation email of your request, as will
We’ll research the exact shipping cost and send you an invoice
to your PayPal or email or you can add it to your pallet in $1 Shipping
for your 15A-16A J1772 custom built socket inlet order.
discounts show in the “Shopping Pallet”.
We love to meet or beat any
Higher volume discounts, price matching or questions?
Contact Carl, our resident specialist.
9am-9pm Mon-Sat MDT
or through our Contact